Old 02-25-15, 07:26 PM
gsteinb
out walking the earth

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 912 Post(s)
Liked 752 Times in 342 Posts
Originally Posted by Ygduf
I just don't even see an endgame. You're talking about rules that, broken on purpose or even accidentally don't really impact the competitive fairness of a bike race. If someone breaks those inadvertently, I personally don't care and you don't seem overly broken up about it. But trying to convince the pitchfork and torch set that there exist any shades between black and white is a tough sell; they just dig in.

Try telling this crowd that if you had been in Lance's shoes you probably would have doped too. I've been there before, not because I think doping is swell, but because I understand that there is context in life and that those guys had pressures I can't understand or imagine from the armchair. Cycling didn't just end up with a huge immoral majority, the circumstances just lead to a bunch of immoral actions.

That example maybe seems more complicated than jr roll-outs, but the reality is there are many more instances of decent people making bad decisions and we still can't get over ourselves and admit that "yeah, I probably would have been victim to those circumstances too." It's even easier to say that your kid accidentally riding a 53/12 should be DQ'd. I don't even have to pretend to try and have empathy for that mistake; I could never be in that situation.

good luck, though.
did you just accuse doge of being a doper?