Thread: Giant anyroad 2
View Single Post
Old 02-26-15, 11:13 AM
dangtong

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bought that Anyroad 2 last September and rode it everyday until the winter and the snow came. Love the bike. And I think it's well thought/designed and executed bike. You get best bang for your $ with this bike if it fit your need and riding style. For me it is as I use it for fitness riding for about 1-2hour/day on streets around neighborhood. Also rode it on flat and unpaved trails as well as paved rail to trails. It handles well on all these.

The components are entry level stuffs but they work very well and exceed my expectation. Especially the newest Sora groupo. Shifting was smooth and accurate and ride great. They look cheap but thankfully they work 10x better than they look. I can't say enough good things about them. They might not held up well with beating up and abusing as with the XT and XTR gear on my MTB. But I don't ride this bike like my MTB. With what I use it for I expect this bike will last a long time and I won't expect to upgrade or replace any component any time soon. And I love the versatility of the multi position handle bar, brake levers and shifters

Someone mentioned no hydraulic brakes above? Why would you need hydraulic brakes for this type of bike? I think the BB5s come with this bike is great. I first disappointed with the brakes as I used to the super power on my MTB. But after the cable stretch during breaking in period and some dials and adjustments. They work great.

I highly recommend this bike for someone that has the same riding as mine. As long as you don't ride on steep hilly and rocky trails, it'll handle well on flat on and off road. But fitting is everything, give it spin, if it fit and ride comfortable for you, you can't go wrong with it, especially for the price point.

Last edited by dangtong; 02-26-15 at 11:18 AM.