Old 02-27-15, 02:05 PM
ColnagoC40

Bikes: Vitus 979 x 2, Vitus 992, Colnago C40, Colnago C60

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FBinNY
Yes, your seller honored his promise to pay all charges (excluding actual duty), which is as it should be. Curious - To my (dated) knowledge, ParcelForce doesn't have USA operations, except maybe in certain major markets. So do you remember who delivered your package?
My first package was a Colnago C60 frame and a Campy Super Record group set. The seller charged a shipping fee of close to $100, as part of the deal. The second package was tires, tubes, lights, and stuff from a different vendor, where I paid no shipping costs. To answer you, tracking through Parcel Force ended in a statement "Collection by customer at delivery depot" The next day I got a notice from my local post office to come and collect and sign for the package. No additional fees in both cases. The frame and group set was opened by airport security, they even opened some of the group component boxes and re-taped with red lettered tape. The supplier of the frame simply stated the real price in British Pounds and labelled it as "Bicycle Components from Italian origin of Manufacture."