View Single Post
Old 02-27-15, 02:53 PM
Buffalo Buff

Bikes: 2015 synapse

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rumrunn6, that looks like something that would work well for me. Thanks for the idea!

Originally Posted by chaadster
What kind of discomfort is it? I can't really think why your penis would hurt; you're not sitting on it, are you? If so, position it upwards. If it's a friction kind of discomfort from rubbing against your shorts, get shorts that fit more snugly and hold the penis securely. Also pay attention that the padding area covers the penis, and that it's not rubbing on the stitching or pad edges.

If it's a numbness issue, that's caused not by direct pressure on the penis, but on the perineum, and can probably be rectified with a different saddle, for example, an SMP with it's large cutout that extends through the nose. Also, quality shorts with padded chamois can be remarkably better than inexpensive shorts.
Yeah the front part of my seat makes constant contact with my dick when I'm in the drops. There feels like there's no way to avoid it with my old setup.

Last night I tilted the seat forward a bit, trying to make the front part of the seat more level. Scooted it forward about 1/8" too. I'll commute on it like that and post how it felt.

It's not friction or rubbing at all. It's just, here is my dick, here is my seat, no room in between, dick gets smashed. Doesn't feel good.