bendembroski
My legs hurt

Bikes: Vaya, Brompton, '73 Schwinn Super Sport, Cresswell Fold-it, '81 Trek 610

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by jur
A batch of 6 Ti Swift frames are being built as we speak, are going at approx. $1500 give or take each, and that includes the majority of the frame parts - main frame, fork, seatpost, stem riser, handlebars, headset. But still needed for a complete bike are the wheels, drivetrain, controls, saddle. Obviously one could use a non-Ti stem riser, handlebar and maybe seatpost. But that isn't going to knock a great deal off that $1500, perhaps 200. And this is manufactured by a company that does a large number of frames, in China where the labour rates are substantially lower than Canada.

I hope he pulls it off, but it is going to be a massive struggle and he probably won't get rich unfortunately. Hopefully he can earn his daily bread at least. The June delivery also looks unrealistic. Not much time left for sleeping...

The Helix frame also has expensive-looking pivots and locks, titanium presumably, which will be real hard to machine and be quite costly.
^^ This. However, if he manufactured a similar design in steel I bet it could be just as interesting, at the same price point. (provided it had decent components)