Old 03-03-15, 07:48 PM
mikemowbz

Bikes: Are several.

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked 75 Times in 21 Posts
Originally Posted by ksryder
The Lovell had a band-on Gipiemme FD when it was born but was upgraded to a braze on Super Record at some point. The seller included the Gipiemme in a Bag O Parts. It's also running 22mm tubulars, and there is zero wiggle room back there.
So, I guess Mike Mulholland kept up that tradition!

This will definitely be a fast-but-short-ride bike, sunny days and smooth surfaces - but I'll see what I can squeeze in there.

Originally Posted by ThermionicScott
The fact that you're willing to mix-and-match on this bike opens up a lot of options, too. I was going to offer you my NOS braze-on RX100 FD (for cheap), but I just double-checked and it has that diagonal geometry! Rats, I'm never gonna sell that stupid thing.

My vote would be for DA (I can't find any diagonal ones on VeloBase, so you might be safe with any) or 6401 Tricolor (not 6400).

Oh, and a further tip -- with a regular FD, you might find that the cable anchor bolt is the next thing to possibly contact the tire. I solved that issue on a previous setup by substituting a different bolt with a much lower-profile head.
Yes - I think DA 7400-7403 looks like a potential candidate, and probably top of my list (I might even have a line on one).

And once I've got an FD without that diagonal thing going on, I will definitely need to keep tabs on the cable anchor bolt (as well as the cable itself).

Thanks for the tip!

Originally Posted by jeirvine
Perfect candidate for a 650b conversion.
Back to the drawing board!