Old 03-03-15, 08:37 PM
LeicaLad 

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked 35 Times in 23 Posts
Originally Posted by Bikedued
I had a Haro Escape that was light as heck, and rode like a full suspension, even with only a front suspension fork. One of the bent top tube models. Wish I could have kept it actually. An awesome bike...IMHO of course.

Just picked up this one on Saturday. I guess it could be called weird geometry, with the 26/24 wheel mix. I like the way it rides, honestly I do. Very predictable. A one year only 85 SM600 model, and one Cannondale nerds like me search for. My buddy has had one for about 5 years, and has kind of ribbed me about it. His is more original, but oh well. I can buy some Suntour XC and repaint it.

And my 88 M1000. I owned it, sold it, bought it back, and turned it into a touring bike. Now it's a mountain bike again. Not to be sold again....

92 M500 Gary Bar lightweight. 23 pounds IIRC with tubeless tires and the whole shebang. The front has gone flat, so I need to re-seal it.

There are some very nice bikes in this thread, but this batch particularly stand out to me. Thanks for the photos.

AND, as they've been mentioned but I don't see any photos, I guess I'll have to add a couple Ritchey bikes to the mix.

Here is my 1981 Ritchey. The photo is from April 1982 near Chiangmai, Thailand.

This is a 1984 Team Competition. It’s nice, but not quite as nice as the ’81. imho.

Maybe this image is more flattering.

* 1971 Gitane Super Corsa (crashed)
* rebuilt as upright cruiser
1971 Gitane Super Corsa #2 (sweet replacement)
1980 Ritchey Road Touring (The Grail Bike)
1982 Tom Ritchey Everest
(replacing stolen 1981 TR Everest custom)
1982 Tom Ritchey McKinley (touring pickup truck)
1985 ALAN Record (Glued & Screwed. A gift.)