View Single Post
Old 11-02-05, 11:49 PM
rwan
occam's razor

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i guess i'm playing the devil's advocate.

the hour arrived at my door about 3 days ago. i am actually quite pleased with it. i think this thing is perfect for those of us who stay on the roads. if you're a commuter/everyday rider, you can't go wrong-- especially for only 330.00.

look, the components may suck, but they are very servicable. i mean, it's not like the city streets aren't exactly the appropriate place to be pushing around super aggressive, lightweight frames full of CF and high-dollar parts. the wheelset leaves some to the imagination, cranks, BB, headset, etc. are definately cheapies... but who cares? i mean, we're taking these things to the streets, people. we're talking rain, snow, dirt, gravel, cars, curbs, and life in general. if components wear out along the way, you can replace them easy with higher quality parts. hell, if you're like me, you all probably already have some nicer, spare parts lying around the apt. in the meantime, the hour is cheap and fun, you won't cry if it gets stolen, and it'll get you where you're going.

you all are snobs. neener neener neener.

i put on a brand new brooks saddle, my 36cm chopped horns, look CF post, and a 19t surly cog.

one thing you HAVE to do if you get this bike is replace the cog + lockring. all the other components are functional, but the cog/ring definately have to go.