Old 03-05-15, 01:48 PM
Camilo

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1110 Post(s)
Liked 1,204 Times in 761 Posts
I have no direct advice, but my philosophy on saddles is that others' opinions aren't really worth much because they're so personal. For that price, you should just buy it and try it.

FWIW: I've had good luck with inexpensive saddles. Performance used to sell a saddle called the E3 Form (in two versions) for very cheap. The saddle is good quality, intelligently designed, and pretty lightweight. It turned out to be my favorite saddle, by far, of about 15 that I've tried over the years. I always mention this for saddle discussions, but never "recommend" it except as something to consider. My preference has absolutely no bearing on someone else's.

I bought it to try it just because it was cheap and Performance has a good return policy. I like it so much, it's on every bike I have and I even have a spare. I played Ebay for a while to amass my stash after they quit making them.

Not to be a shill, but the saddle has been resurected (same design and quality, different graphics) as the Kontact in the ~$100 price range. Still an excellent value at that price and if my E3 stockpile runs out, I'll gladly pay the price, unless I happen onto something I like more. In that regard, every time I rent a bike (2-3 times per year), I always spend the first day riding on whatever saddle comes on the bike, but also bring my own saddle to use in case the rental's saddle isn't comfortable. I've found saddles I seem to like about the same, but none that seem to be better.

Nothing more important than saddles, and nothing that is more personal to judge.

Last edited by Camilo; 03-05-15 at 01:52 PM.