Old 03-06-15, 12:03 PM
gecho

Bikes: 2009 Trek 520

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked 167 Times in 130 Posts
Originally Posted by ricohman
Hey is that the same road?East of Regina going to Emerald Park?
That's the one I was trying to get through to the city on!
Anyway, I took my new Norco Bigfoot 6.2 out last night. It worked very well. The rear tire needs more bite though. I was running 7.5 psi rear and 5 front. I ripped through the sections that had me stuck.
It is going to be near the freezing mark this weekend and I am going to try and make it right to the city,
Its Pinkie north of Armour road. With a little mental detective work yesterday I was able to figure out exactly where your picture was taken, looks like you were just west of the bend in the road where it crosses the tracks. I rode that way out to Emerald Park last summer after the wind storm. I'm guessing that road will be closed when the bypass construction starts.

Those gumbo roads without gravel get really nasty when wet, but smooth and fast when dry. I caked up my tires and chain last summer and ended up snapping off my rear derailleur. The day before that happened I came across a vehicle the owner had to abandon in the mud. They should be fine for a little while yet.

Yesterday I found I could buy myself a little more rear end floatation by leaning my upper body over the handlebars shifting more weight onto the front wheel. Tough on the arms though.