View Single Post
Old 03-07-15, 12:26 PM
Dan515

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bikenh
No company builds what I'm looking for, so I have no other option than to build it myself. Yes, it would be a track end frame made out of wood. Could I ride it...yeah, should I...of course not it doesn't help support corporate America so of course I shouldn't ride it. It would be highly experimental. Totally adjustable frame, everything can be adjusted, in most cases you could adjust it while riding down the road...that way you can change the way bike handles to make it handle the way you want it to handle at the time in question. Should I ride something like that...no. If I just have to figure out how to accomplish everything I want to accomplish and yea I would build it and ride it.
I don't think that it's the notion of not "support[ing] corporate America" that makes your adjustable wood-framed fixed gear bike sketchy. I believe it's called "engineering."

I ride all the time with a homemade rear rack and coroplast front fenders. Sure they could hang up on me and cause me trouble, and they have. Does it stop me from riding with them, no.
A homemade rack and fenders is far less sketchy than something that your fixed gear drivetrain is relying entirely on.