View Single Post
Old 03-09-15, 05:52 PM
rms13

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 276 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by nathannchang
Just wondering if anyone has had experience with craigslist bike tune ups because the extremely low prices are really enticing, and I figure it doesn't take an expert to properly adjust a bike so anyone who seems really knowledgeable can probably be trusted with a tuneup. The main thing catching my eye is the price ($15 vs $75 at my local shop). I know nothing beats learning how to do things yourself, but this would be my first tune up on a used bike and I figure it'd be better to have your bike started by someone who knows well, and then you could learn on your own.

Mobile Bicycle Repair

$25@$15Bike Tune-up and Cleaning+truing 1 hour wait
Doesn't take an expert is right as in you yourself with the help of some allen wrenches and youtube videos can do it for free. Well, you really do need some sort of repair stand to properly adjust shifting.

I know a guy that has a CL repair business and does work out of his garage. He is much cheaper than shops and does good work. He's also not pretentious as most shop mechanics are and he is more than happy to have you hang out and learn while he works...in fact he encourages it. So yeah, for $15 not much to loose