Stucky
Old Fart

Bikes: '97 Klein Quantum '16 Gravity Knockout

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SpeshulEd
And what on earth are you doing that you don't see the car backing out of driveway and don't have time to slow down for it?
She stopped first, and then pulled out right in front of you because she didn't see you. Mnnnnph![sticks out tongue] :0

Kind of like my one and only automobile accident. I was approaching an intersection; a car was on the cross street at the stop sign. I saw that he was stopped; good. As proceeded through the intersection, BAMMMm!!!! He thought it was a 4-way stop, and pulled out when I was so close that I didn't even have a chance to hit my brakes.

There's so many scenarios that can go both ways in this situation.
Very true. I'm not a member of the compulsory safety camp for that reason. People should be free to make their own decisions.

Honestly, I just don't see it as that big of an issue. I enjoy listening to music when I ride. I don't feel handicapped by doing so.
Well hey, I'm glad that it works for you, and that we can still choose the level of risk we are willing to accept in at least a few areas of life, still. Just don't come moaning to me when your bones need fixing.... [Seriously- I'm not a doctor- so your insurance wouldn't cover it! ]

I do think it's good to discuss these things though. Some people may just take the matter for granted- ya know, hop on a bike; grab the Walkman - "Ah, dude, I'll grab me some quality tune-skiis while I ride!"- This way, some may at least re-evaluate the risks- and at least make an informed decision.