View Single Post
Old 03-10-15, 07:17 AM
SJX426 

Bikes: '65 Frejus TDF, '73 Bottecchia Giro d'Italia, '83 Colnago Superissimo, '84 Trek 610, '84 Trek 760, '88 Pinarello Veneto, '88 De Rosa Pro, '89 Pinarello Montello, '94 Burley Duet, 97 Specialized RockHopper, 2010 Langster, Tern Link D8

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1608 Post(s)
Liked 2,216 Times in 1,103 Posts
BOC for small stuff.

We have a trade thread going but it is too dynamic for practical use. I wish there was a database we could access that was an inventory of such parts and when we found something we needed, we could contact the owner. Discipline by the owners would be needed to keep the list current.

I am victim of the "I might need that someday" thinking process when it comes to parts that I think have value to someone. My problem is that I often don't know what I have and if I give it away and learn later what I had, I feel like I missed an opportunity.

If you are going to keep stuff, keep it in good condition. It is a tragedy to find a bike that was neglected through exposure to harsh environmental conditions. It is worse than being used with scars to prove it (exception are scratches from truck lids!)