Old 03-11-15, 12:38 PM
Hermes
Version 7.0

Bikes: Too Many

Mentioned: 297 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1340 Post(s)
Liked 2,482 Times in 1,457 Posts
I raced LAVRA TT Sunday at Velo Sports Center. I was 4th in the 500 meters for the older masters group ~.8 seconds off the winning time. I do not have the results for pursuit, but I was happy with my time for the first pursuit of the year.

I raced 4K team pursuit with my wife and two other women before the individual pursuit. I put on some lipstick that made me perfect since I was already dressed in women's underwear with shaved legs. I had all the trappings of the other women except for the world and national stripes. Fun race and we stayed together except for the last lap where the final rider accelerated (planned) and popped my wife off my wheel. The other team won by 1 second.

The cooler part of the team pursuit was the Roger Young put the two women's teams together. When we walked in he said who was on which team and the order. We got to practice during the warmup before the afternoon session.

There was a men's team that got organized ad hoc among the racers but they were ragged on the execution. They may have been faster but it was not pretty as we were.