View Single Post
Old 03-14-15, 08:02 AM
Road Fan

Bikes: 1980 Masi, 1984 Mondonico, 1984 Trek 610, 1980 Woodrup Giro, 2005 Mondonico Futura Leggera ELOS, 1967 PX10E, 1971 Peugeot UO-8

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1858 Post(s)
Liked 664 Times in 506 Posts
Originally Posted by Velocivixen
I'm not sure if this has a name, and I'm curious if any of you do this. What particular supplies you use. Are the items you use vintage? Of course you will ride a vintage bicycle. You will carry water, hand operated coffee grinder, aero press or french press, etc., a mini camp stove. You ride to a destination - maybe your favorite spot by the river or to a park. It could be anywhere, the you break out your supplies. While the water is on the stove you grind your beans. Enjoy a lovely cup of coffee. I've seen blogs where people are out early morning, usually in urban but scenic places and they have these as "meet ups" with others.

I've got bikes, grinder, aero press but no camp stove. Esbit sells a tiny foldable one.

Anyway I know that @adventurepdx makes tea during stops around. Maybe he will chime in.

So, does this have a name? Do you do it? Would you like to do it?
VelociV, I think it's a lovely and hospitable idea. What would you do for the grinder? What is yours?