View Single Post
Old 03-14-15, 08:12 AM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 193 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2935 Post(s)
Liked 2,930 Times in 1,495 Posts
Originally Posted by mountaindave
Now that's what I'm talkin' 'bout! Crown and Crown? I have been known to stroll on down to concerts in the park with G&T in a go-cup...

I understand the social gathering concept, but I have never once had a hankering for coffee on a ride. My wife sometimes takes a Zogirushi full of a hot beverage. (Google it: 2 hours later you can still burn your lips!) When I get done with a long hard ride, or even if I am in the middle of a nice stroll, I want me a *** **** beer. A good one. Made by a local guy named Hans or maybe Frank. And it better not be ice cold either. They make good beers in cans now, but I prefer a bottle in front of me...
Full disclosure as cool as this flask is I have yet to actually use it, on a bike. I did take it on a few trips with my reserve unit and it was great for sneaking a few sips on the crew bus after they started cracking down on drinking on the bus, post mission of course.

I did once take a huge water bottle full of ice and healthy shot of good bourbon on e midnight birthday ride, it was great until I realized if anything happened I might have DUI issues.

I seldom stop for anything but water riding solo but in a group a stop for good cup of iced coffee and good salt bagel dripping with cream cheese is always good eats.

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk