View Single Post
Old 11-03-05, 02:46 PM
geraldatwork

Bikes: 2005 Windsor Kennet, 1982 Raleigh Super Course

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Just for everybodies info I purchased a Windsor bike from bikesdirect via ebay. It is a better model,the Kennett which is an aluminum frame with carbon fork and stays and Ultegra 10 speed set up and Ritchey for the other stuff. The wheels are Shamino R-550 which I didn't like (they roll like they are riding in mud and arrived slightly out of true) and replaced with Velocity Areoheads with titanium spokes. I found BD reasonable to deal with. They answered all my email questions promptly and there were a lot of them. The bike arrived in perfect condition, even the shifting must of been adjusted as it shifts perfectly. It was mostly assembled. The craftmanship of the frame and paint is comparable to bikes in the $2000-2500 range which to me is very nice. This was 4 months ago.

I needed to get a shorter stem and just last week I emailed them about what size was on the bike (I didn't know how to measure at the time) and within a day or two I got a response. I didn't have a lot of money to spend for a bike and for the price I couldn't touch anything close. Believe me I was nervous until the bike arrived and still there is a small worry if the frame suddenly cracks due to a defect will they really replace the frame as promised. They might now but in a few years I doubt it. What I don't understand is all of the bashing of BD in these and other forums. It always it seems is from people who have not actually done "business" with them. Before I bid I emailed other people who left feedback and they all had similiar positive experiences with BD. Let the bashing begin.