View Single Post
Old 03-15-15, 07:55 PM
shovelhd

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Aetna Spring Series, Bethel course. Mid 40's with a 10-15mph wind. M45+, pretty stacked field, 15th. I just finished base so no great expectations, but my coach told me I would surprise myself with my strength and general fitness. As usual, he was right. I just didn't have any top end for more than 60 seconds. This makes sense, because I have not trained much for that. Two very strong guys got OTF early, with two chasers late. I was in no position to do anything about them. Towards the end a couple of promising moves formed and I jumped on, but they were short lived. I was in decent position for the sprint, but it was really sketchy and I let common sense take the best of me.

P/1/2/3. It snowed a bit. Part of the charm of the place. The wind picked up to 20mph. A group of 8 or so got off early and stayed away. There might have been another chase group, I don't remember. This is just for time on task fitness so I just wanted to finish. With 5 to go I hit a nasty hole in the pavement and pinch flatted. With no free lap, I just wanted to get back in and finish. CDR changed my wheel out, and I soloed for a lap until the field caught me. I finished with the field a lap down.

Nice to race with gsteinb (as always), grolby, TKP, Globecanvas, and Mikey.