View Single Post
Old 03-16-15, 09:56 AM
BillClinton

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have the upgrade itch!

As most of us always do. Anyways, looking for some opinions as I have never upgraded either component before. Setup is a 2012 Madone 5.2. Debating between new pedals or new wheels, but really thinking wheels.
Current wheels are the stock Bontrager Race wheels that come in at 1900 grams or so I believe. I weigh 150, but am trying to get back up to my old weight of 160-165. I have never raced before, but I love to ride and "compete" with my friends. Live in bluffland so I do tackle quite a few hills. Roads around here are so-so and can be rough in some areas we frequent.
I was looking into the Vuelta Corsa Lites for $220+shipping, or possibly going the extra $100 and getting the super lites.
These are the current pedals Shimano PD-M520 Pedals - Brands Cycle and Fitness but they seem to be doing fine for now. This was my first time getting away from platforms as I had just been mtn biking for a few years.

Opinions? Will it be worth the upgrade for the wheels? I know some say I may not notice a difference, but I feel like with how nice the rest of the bike is, it would just be right to put a nice set of wheels on.