Old 03-16-15, 05:23 PM
seely
The Rabbi

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by kingston
Here's my "before" picture. It's in "as-is" condition so I expect it will clean up very nicely.

I'll be using this mostly on the Des Plaines River Trail, which is a 56 mile more-or-less flat gravel path on the North side of Chicago.

I still haven't picked anything out, but I'm leaning towards a nitto technomic stem, dirt drop RM013 bars and silver bar end shifters. I'm also considering a dirt drop stem or a threadless adapter with the RM014 bars, so I'm interested in hearing any suggestions.

If that's your saddle height, and the stem length is good as is with a flat bar for you, I would probably go with a Technomic. A Dirt Drop stem seems to be most useful when there's more of a saddle to bar height differential, and a short forward stem extension is needed (see my High Plains!). Basically... a good way to get vertical extension without going too far forward. Really like the bike, I'm always keeping an eye out for a Miyata MTB... I have a few other Miyatas I adore.

If you get a threadless adapter, you automatically lose your Miyata privileges and have to send the bike to me. Sorry, I don't make the rules.