Thread: I Hate Meds
View Single Post
Old 03-17-15, 09:56 AM
JerrySTL

Bikes: Giant Defy Advanced, Breezer Doppler Team, Schwinn Twinn Tandem, Windsor Tourist, 1954 JC Higgens

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Finally someone on more drugs than me!

metoprolol - I was on that one at twice the dosage. I hated that one. Now I'm on a much smaller dosage of another beta blocker. It still holds down my heart rate and slows my cycling, but not as bad as the metoprolol.

I recently found out that my wheezing while sleeping for the past few years was asthma. The inhaler has helped my sleeping AND riding! I like that one.

Lisinopril sometimes gives me a dry cough, but otherwise not a problem.

The only time I've used nitroGLYCERIN was right after my heart attack and that was in the ER. It sure helped the pain. I carry a little bottle of it in my bike bag, but never used it. Probably time to replace the bottle due to shelf life.

GOUT! I have that also. Fortunately I can pretty well control it through diet changes and keeping hydrated. Unfortunately part of the diet changes include less beer, shell fish, and even peas and beans. TIP: My cardiologist put me on a diuretic to reduce my blood pressure and it did dropping my BP about 10 points overnight. BIG MISTAKE. I started having gout attacks about every two weeks. Diuretics work by dehydrating you somewhat. Not good for gout or riding.