Old 03-17-15, 07:03 PM
StephenH
Uber Goober

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 190 Post(s)
Liked 41 Times in 32 Posts
Did you buy it at a bike shop? If so, run it down there and say, "Hey, what about this?" Some problems are more easily solved in person than over the internet.

On some of the wide-tire 26" and 20" wheels I've worked with, there is a fair bit of play when an uninflated tire is on the rim. This is handy for changing tires, but also makes it possible to get the tire off-center on the rim, and have this problem when inflated. Solution is to make sure it's reasonably centered on the rim when first airing it up. Better solution would be to use different tires, different rims, or a better combination that didn't have this problem. If you're slapping stuff together in the dark, you shouldn't have to worry about that.

On my road bike with 700-size tires, there is much less slack, I can see this effect just a little bit. Sometimes, it is possible to get a tire a little offcenter, and if you ride on a really smooth road, you can feel it. In normal riding, not so much.

If that's a 2" wide tire, the 43 psi may be about right- I think my Worksman tires are rated for 45 or 50 psi is all. If it's a narrower tire, it should be higher.

Being 243 pounds can cause various problems, but not that one, by the way.