View Single Post
Old 03-18-15, 07:09 AM
mr_bill

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2112 Post(s)
Liked 663 Times in 443 Posts
Now that Howard Louis Carr, Jr. is back on the local radio dial, be aware that we are sharing the road with his listeners again on weekday afternoons.

(I'm actually serious about this - the temperature on the roads is climbing, and now he's raised the temperature behind some steering wheels, so be careful out there, *especially* between Harvard Square and Arlington.)

So a few points:
  • Never ever seen a Scott Plasma Premium bicycle out in the wild on Mass Ave - doubt Howard Louis Carr, Jr. has either. (BTW, Howard Louis Carr, Jr. If you are going to make up a bicycle that you saw on Mass Ave, you should have gone for the Scott Plasma Team Issue at $9,999.00.)
  • Ten traffic lights from Out of Town News only puts you in Porter Square. It's closer to two-dozen lights to the Arlington border.
  • I don't run a single red light on Mass Ave from Harvard Square to the Arlington line and still go faster than everyone listening to Howard Louis Carr, Jr.'s in their cars - and everyone not listing to him in their cars as well.
  • Even when Howard Louis Carr, Jr.'s afternoon listeners run red lights I'll catch up with them, pass them, and get to Arlington first anyway. (See below. Switched from the left lane to run the light too.)
  • For those few cyclists who run red lights on Mass Ave - just do me a favor, please don't. But if you do, please, when I'm stopped at a red on my bicycle, don't close pass me, and please please please give me a heads up. (Oh, and know that more likely than not I'm passing you in a block or two too.)
    • I know I know, it's particularly tempting to run the red lights at Waterhouse St, Upland Rd, Walden St, Rindge Ave and Cedar St. Still, please don't. But if you do....

-mr. bill

Last edited by mr_bill; 03-18-15 at 10:28 AM.