View Single Post
Old 03-18-15, 10:13 AM
longe

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by furiousferret
My leg has made a turn for the worse. The muscle has gotten really tight and sometimes when I cycle or stretch, it gets caught on bone and violently snaps back into place. Its not painful, and an odd sensation, but certainly something I shouldn't repeat. The area is in some pain, but not too bad. I'm not sure where that leaves me in regards to cycling, it snaps when I cycle (apexing on the up stroke), not much but enough I should probably stay off the bike until its resolved.

The fix is stretching and exercise. I sit 40 hours a week at work, probably 15 hours at home, and 10 on the bike, which is a lot of time for the hips to be in a shortened state. I was told several times this would happen if I didn't hit the gym and stretch, and now I'm paying for it.
Soo, I'm not a doctor, and I don't know the details about your situation, but I like talking about me and I've had snapping illopsoas and subsequent knee alignment issues in my left leg for a while now, probably due to a host of abnomalities, plus like you said, sitting forever- but, it doesn't keep me sidelined if I do even just a little maintenance. I've found stretching to be huge in managing it- talking like repeated 2-5 minute stretches, alternating legs to balance. Also myofascial release all over the legs and hips, especially along in the inside of the leg along the muscle/tendon.

Side note: I'm finding it a little scary that I've come to look forward to 12min Z4 3min rest x 4 sessions like the one I have later today. Must be the 1min+sprint's I do the day after and for 2-4 hours on the weekends