View Single Post
Old 03-18-15, 12:17 PM
Thattalldude

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks Chuck!

Yeah I heard about him a few years ago, and is what lead me to the khs 747; it has 2 sizes now
sizes xxl (64cm) & xxxl (66cm) with 200mm cranks... It's based off Zinn's bikes geometry & cranks for taller folks... I think it is for people like 6'4" to maybe 6'8" or so...

I measured my inseam a few times and get between 35" & 36", so that corresponds cranks 187mm to 198mm.

The khs 747 200mm cranks gave me a little pain in right knee at the top of the stroke. That knee gets sore from time to time from a little wipeout a few years back. Also it was a short test ride only maybe 15 minutes and the seat should have been at least 1/2" higher; it took me a few weeks to get back there to do another ride with seat up, but it sold.

So with the knee issue I figure 185s or 190s is probably what I need; I guess I need to do some test rides...

All the long cranks seem to start around $300 or $400 and go up from there (except ird, but they only make 180s, 200s, & 220s) so am thinking if I am gunna drop that much cash why not get something badass, so am looking at Lightning carbon cranks. They go up to 190mm and have a HD version with a 285lbs rider weight limit, but I need to do more research on them.
Thinking of pairing them with a 61cm specialized roubaix might work well to make great endurance bike that mostly fits me; the 64cm would be better but those models cost way way way too much...

Anyway more research needed...

Jesse

Last edited by Thattalldude; 03-18-15 at 01:31 PM.