LMaster
Banned

Bikes: Cannondale CAAD 10, Some POS MTB thats way too small

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gramercy
Your FTP is 330! I am guessing you used to run track in high school or college. You will probably be stronger than just about anyone you race this year in cat 4 or 5, maybe even 3.
Probably somewhere between 290-300. Best 20' test is 320W. Still though, that's currently 4.7 w/kg for 20', but should be close to 5.5 w/kg by the time I get back to race lean. So likely looking at between 5-5.25 w/kg for FTP at that point. Largely correct on the running, started in college and had been running for about 3.5 years before I picked up cycling. Was initially doing it supplement coming back from a year and a half hip injury, but ended up enjoying it enough and improving enough to decide I wanted to dedicate a full year of training/racing to that and see what I think of it.

Originally Posted by valygrl
LMaster - try to go to this clinic:

http://www.coloradocycling.org/sites...20March%2028th

I did the women's clinic last year. Very useful. We did cornering and bumping drills on grass and cornering & bunny hopping on pavement, paceline chalk-talk and on road paceline practice.
Super cool link! I'll absolutely take a look at that, thanks! That sounds exactly like some of the stuff I need and very much like what carpediem was talking about.

Originally Posted by globecanvas
LMaster, you are planning bank shots in your head before picking up a cue stick. It's totally pointless to worry about shortchanging your efficiency practice because you might always be off the front.

Find some good group rides and practice efficiency and cornering. In 4/5 races honestly I think the biggest factor contributing to success is just being willing to animate and do stuff. Do some mass start races and practice being intentional -- don't burn energy unless you have a reason to, and when you have a reason to, commit all in. Everything else will come.
Yea, I do that sometimes. Definitely sounds like the general thought is to make a point of working on skills/racing, and that makes sense to me. Looks like I've got some work to do!