Old 03-19-15, 09:56 AM
RomansFiveEight

Bikes: Nashbar CR5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by plustax
Morally wrong no, nor it it any of the other adjectives you used, but it's definitely not conducive to the overall health of our species (nor the longevity of it).

If you are asking my personal answer, I used to take the stairs to my seventh floor job. I work on the second floor now.
Don't take this the wrong way because I really ought to just shy away from the meat vs. no meat topic. It's one of those topics where both sides are convinced they are unequivocally right and the other is wrong. But as long as there have been humans there have been humans eating meat. Our evolutionary ancestors ate meat. We developed tools so that we could more easily eat meat (and kill meat). Go back far enough on the evolutionary train and you'll find herbivorous ancient pre-historic ancestors; but for right around 1.5 million years (at least, that's the earliest we have evidence for it) humankind and it's evolutionary ancestors have adapted to eating other animals.

So how long is 'long' when it comes to sustainability? We've ("we" being both humans for our 200,000 years history, and the various ancient hominids that evolved into us for the 1.3m years before that) been eating animals for 1.5 million years; that's an awfully long time. In fact, many of our predecessors HAVE died out, and not due to a lack of meat.

Just curious.

Last edited by RomansFiveEight; 03-19-15 at 10:11 AM.