Old 03-19-15, 11:05 PM
classicjapanese

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wow! My head is spinning! That is one amazing find; oh my. I just sold a beautifully cleaned up and mildly restored one of these for $900.00. It is unquestionably the Fuji Newest. It's the "1B" -- you have two of the hardest to find parts as well. The milled Nitto Stem (this was done at the factory only for the Newest) and the drilled Mighty Custom Competion cranks. Strip all that aftermarket white paint and you will have one of the sweetest riding chrome steel bicycles on the planet. Find the V-lux Suntor rear dersilleur, the later (not earlier garden variety center pull Gran Compe brakes), (but don't look for the suede Fujita saddle; there are too many of us after one of those and the Competion will be as ruthless as three piranhas in a goldfish bowl with a single namesake resident...). Ukai Fibreglas filled rims, Soyo 90 tires (forget it!) -- wow, amazing, the fates were favoring you that day/evening. I thought things like that only happened in bicycle heaven. PS to two of my friends out there, sorry you've not heard back from me, you will....last thing, grey brake cable housing. But I would go all chrome on this (as stated it should be beautifully chromed under that white paint unless they scuffed it up) and red bar tape and red cable housing, and a leather Fujita Professional saddle, oh my my; sweet as an ice cream sandwich on the sweltering plains of the Serengeti...