View Single Post
Old 03-20-15, 10:35 AM
himespau 

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4234 Post(s)
Liked 2,949 Times in 1,808 Posts
Originally Posted by gsteinb
there was a woman who was a regular in the 41. She got caught cutting the course at an ironman. She got caught because she was bragging about finishing, a few of the timing folks were on that forum, explored her times and found inconsistencies. Essentially she sucked at one leg (or something), and then PRed (significantly) a whole bunch of other segments. The math didn't add up, and (as I recall) the upshot was that she had skipped legs. A 60 something page flame thread ensued, and she quit the internet. I think we can (maybe) agree that's cheating. More interesting perhaps is if the flaming might have bordered at times on unethical.

This has basically nothing to do with anything, but I'm happy that with the amount of times I've hit my head I can still remember stuff and I'm kind of happy for whatever I can do to drive this thread off course and into the abyss.
Originally Posted by shovelhd
The infamous Jen. I met her at Somerville a few years ago.
Is that what happened to velo gator aka iJen (I assume she's the Jen to which you are referring. I'd been wondering what happened to her a few days back.

Last edited by himespau; 03-20-15 at 02:21 PM.