Old 03-22-15, 07:29 PM
trackhub

Bikes: Bridgestone RB-1. Nicely restored

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by qcpmsame
You can get in fights when you tell some people that there isn't any such thing as stomach or intestinal flu. I quit trying and just walk away hoping that I don't get what ever bug, or eat the bad food, that is causing their digestive tract to revolt. If some has had influenza, they know what it is, and how much it messes up your lungs and makes you ache. Urrrrrggghhh.

Bill
Indeed. That is exactly why I posted those links above, to support and back up what I was saying. I have tried to tell people this, and
been met with "Well, that's what my mother always called it!!", among other things. Why people get so agitated about this, is beyond me. All they need to do
is look it up, or ask their own PCPs. This is an example of what I call "entrenched mis-information". This is information that is just plain
wrong, but it is entrenched into the culture and people believe it, despite factual information to the contrary being in plain sight.

Influenza should never be under-estimated. Remember history: there have been flu pandemics that have killed millions. Flu shots are much
better today, but still, the viruses have this weird habit of mutating, sometimes very rapidly. As most people know, a cold takes several days
to come on, and it can be quite the nuisance. The flu can have you feeling fine when you arise and get ready for work, but have you feeling
like you've been hit by a cement truck by noon. That is one big difference. The chills, dizzy spells, and everything else say, "stay home!"