Old 03-24-15, 11:02 AM
Alias530
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SimonSan
Power meters are expensive because only wankers buy them. Pro's use them because their team tells them too (to help them make the required UCI weight). Sorry but I didn't see Merckx, Induran or LeMonde use them and they were all pretty good without them. When you train, You have to focus on your body and what you want from it, if you are lazy a ****ty power meter will tell you something you should already know. If you think a PM gives you the edge good luck, and don't be pissed when someone beats you to the line without one.
This just in, the top .00000001% of athletes are faster than the average Joe without training crutches

In other news, we landed on the moon

But seriously, not everyone is the same. Saying that because certain pros don't use or do use this, that, or the other thing means that nobody does is ********.

I have rides where my average speed for a given heart rate is WAY faster and it's due to wind. This top effort isn't because I had a good day, it's because I had a tailwind. With a power meter, you can train for a given power output, not heart rate or speed. Power eliminates environmental factors like wind.

Attached Images
File Type: png
Untitled.png (6.0 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by Alias530; 03-24-15 at 11:05 AM.