Old 03-30-15, 12:39 PM
ColinL
Two-Wheeled Aficionado

Bikes: Santa Cruz Blur TR, Cannondale Quick CX dropbar conversion & others

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
I suppose I'll help. My answers in bold.

Originally Posted by Greenl
How many of you take a first aid kit with you while riding? I had been carrying a small kit everywhere, but after some consideration, I removed it for short trails (5 mile loop = less than 15 min from car at all times).
If you don't take a first aid kit with you while riding do you keep one in your bag? I don't use a gear bag very often. Typically I put everything I intend to ride with in my hydration pack before I leave home.
If you don't have a first aid kit for riding or even in your backpack, why not? I carried it for 2 years without using it once. I will still carry it for remote trips a few times a year.

Would you consider purchasing a kit that is small, lightweight and could hang from your waist or pocket while riding? Absolutely not. You can't be serious. Do you ride bicycles? You don't want anything dangling, it needs to be in a pocket or inside a bag which is secured to either the bike or your body.

I'm asking because I am looking to design a compact personal first aid kit specifically for use while on mountain bike trails, possibly while alone and no other assistance is available. Thanks.
Did you look at what Lifeline and Adventure Medical Kits already offer? All I would want beyond what I have already (a small AMK kit) is a blood-clotting sponge. I can buy that separately for $20, but just haven't done it yet.