Old 03-31-15, 07:30 PM
odd bloke

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
As I mentioned; I had switched out to Shimano FD (Ultegra) some time ago, so I'm no longer on SRAM, and that doesn't apply. I have nothing against SRAM, but the brifter is Shimano, so I'm working from that.

However, I've gone back and re-adjusted the whole front setup, from scratch - partly based on suggestions here, and taking into account the issues with cable tension mentioned. (Although I can't use directions concerning adjusting a triple, since I have 2X10)

Result: it now shifts really crisply and very precise, way better, although there is a clear "middle" position, where the FD moves roughly halfway, and thus requires a second push (going up), and a really long push (going down, through two positions). It's also clear that this middle position is essential to prevent chain rub if I get anywhere even close to cross-chaining (in either direction), positions that I would normally assume wouldn't require any adjustment. That's lead me to wonder if my FD is actually 9 speed and not 10 as I had believed. . . . .

I can kind of live with the setup for the moment; at least I can ride and be confident that when I want to shift I'll get the job done quickly and reliably. However, I'm still hoping to end up with a true "double" setup, where one push/click gets me where I want to go.

The spare Ultegra double sti sitting here on my desk is still a mystery; I'd still like to know if there's any good way to be sure it's working properly before I try to install it. Anyone**********

Thx.