Old 04-02-15, 11:55 AM
Wanderer
aka Phil Jungels

Bikes: 08 Specialized Crosstrail Sport, 05 Sirrus Comp

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Liked 86 Times in 60 Posts
After getting snowed out of riding last November, I finally went for a nice ride yesterday.

I've been a B-17 fan for more years than I like to admit, and am very happy with them - once they get broken in. The problem with the B-17, is, that, for me, it usually takes somewhere between 1,000 - 2,000 miles. Once done, however, it never changes! Always comfortable.

Now, I don't mean to imply that Brooks is uncomfortable when new - they just get better with miles.

Back to the Selle AnAtomica NSX. My first impression remains the same - this saddle is very comfortable, right out of the box.

Setting it up, I measured the old saddle, and put my sit bones in exactly the same spot, bar to saddle. Then, I made sure it was perfectly level, with a level.

Honestly, the saddle disappeared under me the moment I swung a leg over the bar, and remained that way for the next 2+ hours.

I never felt it, not once. This is a very comfortable saddle. I did not have to readjust any part of it - not once!

I may have another favorite saddle, in fact, I do! I won't hesitate to recommend this saddle to anyone.

The only question, is going to be - how much will it have to be re-tensioned?

Time will tell!