Old 04-02-15, 07:47 PM
thebird55

Bikes: Gravity Dutch hybrid, upgraded to 24 speed. Panniers, fenders... the whole shootin' match.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Biker395
I generally don't put a foot down, either. The exceptions are (1) when I have to wait for cross traffic, or (2) the motorist coming the other way is waving me through, and I want to make it clear that I want them to go first (I put a foot down and wave them through).
You just touched on a peeve of mine. Don't give me special treatment. If you have the right of way, take it. I usually time my stop to make sure they stop first, and that means they now have the right of way. One should never try give that right to the other vehicle. It causes confusion all around. Confusion causes accidents. (And, in my case, ill temper.) If they waive me through, the foot goes down (in an exaggerated manner) and I wave them through.

I file this peeve right next to the one about motorists that won't go ahead a pass me when they can, even if they are just being gracious. I do not need them driving behind me, especially when it's backing up traffic.