View Single Post
Old 04-04-15, 08:05 AM
Giacomo 1 

Bikes: Colnago Super, Basso Gap, Pogliaghi, Fabio Barecci, Torelli Pista, Miyata 1400A

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 316 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by stevegreer
I agree with much of what has already been said. He is young and still lacking in experience when compared to the likes of Cavendish and Cancellara. He is a great sprinter. There is no doubt about that. And his bike handling skills are top notch. He needs the support of his team to be in contention for wins in the big races. I think he has a bit of a "this is fun" mentality too as opposed to the "I must slay my competitors" mentality needed to win these races. I wouldn't count him out just yet.
While I agree on your point of not counting him out just yet, I disagree with your point that he is a great sprinter.

He has never, in my recollection, beaten the top tier sprinters like Cav, Kittel, or Greipel, and I think sprinters with talents in other disciplines like Degenkolb and Kristoff are now doing exactly what we thought we would be seeing Sagan doing. I think that's why everyone is wondering about who Sagan really is...