View Single Post
Old 04-04-15, 10:43 AM
cale

Bikes: Kuota Ksano. Litespeed T5 gravel - brilliant!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by DanWho
First off, I am a clyde, I have been since I was 13 and stood 6'2". When I got back into biking a couple years ago I went to the lbs and the salesman gave me a very convincing test to try. He had two of the same model bike one with V brakes and one with disk brakes. He put them on a trainer stand and had both bikes in its lowest gear. He had me stand on the peddle with brakes applied. The V braked wheel moved and the disk didn't. Granted back then I was 70# more than I am now, but that convinced me. I'm sure the stock pads probably weren't the best and with better pads I wouldn't have moved that wheel either.

This test was just a side note for the real test, he was showing me that bottom brackets had improved tremendously since the early 70's and my Ihot racer. I went threw bottom brackets left and right, I got good at changing them out in short order. I had a paper route and was a beast to that poor bike. I still don't know how the rims and spokes took all the abuse I gave it going over curbs and such.
They were built like tanks... and weighed as much as one too. Haha