Old 11-05-05, 12:37 AM
minder357

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
craigslist is a gold mine / how did you do at the veloswap

I found a guy last week who used to go to bike swap meets a couple years ago, mostly to sell and just buy stuff for his own bikes (he has a trek oclv, litespeed classic, and kestrel godknowswhat). He sold me 6 new ultegra 6500 rear hubs for 30 bucks each, and he says he has "30 wheelsets" he should unload sooner or later. . . including a set of black mavic cxp33's w/ DA hubs (brand new) for 210 - I got dibs on that one.

BUT. . . if you want open pro's with ultegra hubs (all brand new). . .he has 2 and they're 180. Let me know, I'll get them from him and ship them to you (at your cost), unless you live in/near the bay area. I may be able to talk him down on the price since I'm buying tons of his junk. Also if you want a new ultegra hub for 40 bucks shipped, let me know. . . I have 3 available. CL is the best, but you gotta act fast.

Also I think I did pretty well at the swap. . . got almost everything I needed, and what I didnt find there I bought from performance 2 blocks down the street. Used ultegra cassette 2$, wireless cateye 15$, hollowpin sram 9sp chain 28$, just to name a few.

This hobby can be expensive. . . but you can save money all over the place too. Got a klein quantum pro off CL for 560, sold the speedplay pedals (no cleats) for 80$, bought new spdsl's at the swap for 25. See what I mean?