Super Modest

Bikes: Trek Emonda, Giant Propel, Colnago V3, Co-Motion Supremo, ICE VTX WC

Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10970 Post(s)
Liked 4,627 Times in 2,126 Posts
L
Originally Posted by Heathpack
Ruh oh. I've been in that weird "I won't pair" situation many a time.

According to Garmin, this sometimes happens due to corrupted data files. Youre supposed to delete data files from your unit, so make sure you've got all the files off the 810. Then there's this secret folder that looks empty but really has stuff in it, that's where corrupted data files sometimes hide. You have to delete this entire folder, which looks like a big mistake. But then it gets reinstalled the next time you connect the Garmin to your computer. Or something like that. I forget the exact details. It's so tedious that I had to put Mr H in charge of this step. But I will admit that it does actually seem to help. I'll have to ask him the details on what exactly this folder is called and how to delete it.

Strangely my 510 is now working better than the 1000. I asked Mr H to call Garmin today to return the 1000. Somehow based on the data files that we sent them, the ones I posted here with the cadence & power drop-outs, Garmin concluded the problem was with the speed-cadence sensor. Which makes zero sense, given the power drop outs. Before he could tell them we wanted to return the 1000, they offered to send a free cadence sensor. Mr H said ok, since we know this won't fix anything, we can at least get a free cadence sensor out of this whole gory mess. Then return the 1000 anyway.

Now the Magic Bike will have:
1. Stages power meter
2. Garmin speed/cadence sensor
3. Garmin speed sensor
4. Garmin cadence sensor
5. Garmin Edge 510
6. Garmin Edge 1000

Haha and it still won't work.
Find out the name of the secret folder if you think of it. I had a corrupt file just a few days ago.