View Single Post
Old 04-11-15, 03:09 PM
YonathanZ

Bikes: Italwin eLight (20" folding ebike)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EBikeFL
You'll need to do some research then. I would also notice how much room I had with the Kenda Kwest tires to judge if I could fit a 2+ inch tire. If the rims have an aftermarket name on them I'd contact the rim manufacture.

It's probably a good idea to ask yourself do you want to stay with your current e-bike. The options for a 20 inch wheel and having v-brakes are not the best foundation for a 30+ mph e-bike. You need to ask yourself, "Do I continue to invest in this where the parts are few and hard to come by or do I get/build an e-bike where I have more options?". I've had to make the same decision myself and it's not easy.
There's no question, I'm sticking with this bike. Reaching 40 kmph or more is rare and only possible in decent declines. The brakes work fantastically at that speed. I don't understand your comment about parts - which parts are hard to come by? 20 inch is a common size for a folding bike, and v brakes... Well, now they're fitting road bikes with disc brakes as well, so they're not so popular anymore, but I don't think I'll have a problem getting them replaced when I'll need to.

I already took measurements between the fork and the current tire, and the same thing with the back wheel. There's a total of 25mm free space in each side, which are a whole inch. The space isn't identical from both sides of any wheel, so I think the wheels might need to be "straightened" or "centered" or something...