Old 04-11-15, 03:29 PM
EBikeFL 

Bikes: 2012 Kona Lanai

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by YonathanZ
There's no question, I'm sticking with this bike. Reaching 40 kmph or more is rare and only possible in decent declines. The brakes work fantastically at that speed. I don't understand your comment about parts - which parts are hard to come by? 20 inch is a common size for a folding bike, and v brakes... Well, now they're fitting road bikes with disc brakes as well, so they're not so popular anymore, but I don't think I'll have a problem getting them replaced when I'll need to.

I already took measurements between the fork and the current tire, and the same thing with the back wheel. There's a total of 25mm free space in each side, which are a whole inch. The space isn't identical from both sides of any wheel, so I think the wheels might need to be "straightened" or "centered" or something...
If you use the folding aspect of the bike then there's nothing you can do; you'll have to stick with the 20 inch wheels. For example, take a look at Schwalbe's sizes for the Big Ben tire. You only have one option in the 20 inch size; whereas, the 26 inch tires have six tire options.

If you have close to one inch on either side of the current Kenda tire then you shouldn't have a problem with the Big Ben 2.15 inch tire. Aligning the rim in the forks isn't an issue. What's most important is getting the tension on the spokes to be the same and as close to 100 as possible on each rim while still having clearance in the forks.
Soylent Green is People!