View Single Post
Old 04-11-15, 03:36 PM
YonathanZ

Bikes: Italwin eLight (20" folding ebike)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EBikeFL
If you have close to one inch on either side of the current Kenda tire then you shouldn't have a problem with the Big Ben 2.15 inch tire. Aligning the rim in the forks isn't an issue. What's most important is getting the tension on the spokes to be the same and as close to 100 as possible on each rim while still having clearance in the forks.
Sorry if I've written it in a way that's easy to misunderstand, but what I meant is that there's a total of 1 inch for each wheel. If the wheels were perfectly dished, that would be 0.5" on each side of every wheel, assuming my measurements were accurate (I did mym best with the ruler ).

The difference between 2.15" (Big Ben or Big Apple Plus) and 1.5" (current tires) is 0.65", so even if I wasn't very accurate, they should still fit. Tomorrow morning I'll call the shop, and I'd like to know if you think I should worry about dishing the wheels for now (it will be a while before I get whatever tires I'll eventually order, since they'll be ordered from overseas).

Last edited by YonathanZ; 04-11-15 at 03:52 PM.