Old 04-11-15, 03:51 PM
EBikeFL 

Bikes: 2012 Kona Lanai

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by YonathanZ
Sorry if I've written it in a way that's easy to misunderstand, but what I meant is that there's a total of 1 inch for each wheel. If the wheels were perfectly dished, that would be 0.5" on each side of every wheel, assuming my measurements were accurate (I did mym best with the ruler ).

The different between 2.15" (Big Ben or Big Apple Plus) and 1.5" (current tires) is 0.65", so even if I wasn't very accurate, they should still fit. Tomorrow morning I'll call the shop, and I'd like to know if you think I should worry about dishing the wheels for now (it will be a while before I get whatever tires I'll eventually order, since they'll be ordered from overseas).
It's going to be close...very close. I just measured my 2.35 inch Big Apple tire and at full inflation it's actually 2.4+ inches from sidewall to sidewall. If you try to get the tires to fit you may end up not having the spokes on one side tight enough. Try using ebikes.ca spoke calculator to test out your setup.
Soylent Green is People!