View Single Post
Old 04-12-15, 06:43 AM
staehpj1

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1251 Post(s)
Liked 756 Times in 561 Posts
Originally Posted by BobG
The dynamic is indeed different on the ACA tours and I agree that my group experience does not really apply to the topic of this thread. All of your suggested solutions have been tried. Just my style, but I hate rushing to work in the morning just to beat the wind when I'm on tour, even when going solo!
Yeah, I think that folks are just really different in how they feel about getting going in the morning. I think some of it is habit and some of it is just how we are wired. The phrase "rushing to work in the morning just to beat the wind" wouldn't ever occur to me. I am just awake and ready to go naturally, for me it is no special effort and not rushing to be up early and packed up and riding quickly. For me to do otherwise goes against the grain. I am like a caged animal when I have to hang around in camp waitng for the late risers. When not on tour I am the same way. Most mornings I am up and out for a trail run often driving to and hitting the trail before daylight in my day to day life and I have been that way since I was a kid. It does complicate things when dealing with groups where people of both extremes are involved.