Thread: Ask Scrod
View Single Post
Old 04-12-15, 07:30 PM
Kr00kd

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
So I was going to PM this to you scrod, but apparently I don't have enough posts so I'll leave it here.

hey scrod i had a quick question and needed help from someones opinion on who i trusted with this, since I'm new and still learning

I'm riding a 58/59cm state bicycle (don't know which and can't find an email with the order information), and was looking to upgrade to a leader frame since I've been riding for around a year now and wanted something nicer now that i know i like riding bikes.

i found a nice leader frame on eBay, brand new 735 with fuji carbon fork for 350. He had it listed as a 56cm, which seemed like the perfect size. Because my current bike seems like a tad too big. I wanted something a little smaller, compact, and responsive (I'm 6'0). But I can't seem to find any information that says Leader produced a 56cm 735 frame. Just 55 and 58. So I think the add might be wrong, and I fear 55cm is too small.

So my questions are:

1) Did leader produce a 56cm 735 in 2014?

2) As someone who is 6'0 and coming from a 58/59cm frame, do you think 55cm is too small? I know a lot of it is personal preference - but have you seen 6'0 people ride a 55 and be content? How about 56?

3) If the leader frame isn't 56, and I have to look to another option, what would you suggest? In one of my posts you said the Aventon Mataro has gotten a lot better in the last few years. City grounds has a Mataro with light carbon fork complete bike for 499. I'm not opposed to the price, but I want to know quality wise what I can expect. It's around the same price as my state bicycle, so I'm worried it won't be a big upgrade. The whole reason I'm buying a new bike is because I want something nicer, and I'm worried the matter won't be enough of an upgrade. My other option would be a 725 complete for 699.

Any advice would be much appreciated. I'm still a newb to all of this, and trying to make sure my purchase is a wise one, with a good bike, that will last for a while. I do like the look of the frames with the larger aerotube (i think thats the word I'm looking for).

Thanks for your help.