View Single Post
Old 04-13-15, 08:39 AM
bmthom.gis

Bikes: 2014 Cannondale Synapse Carbon 4 Rival; 2014 Cannondale Trail 7 29; 1972 Schwinn Suburban, 1996 Proflex 756, 1987(?) Peugeot, Dahon Speed P8; 1979 Raleigh Competition GS; 1995 Stumpjumper M2 FS, 1978 Raleigh Sports, Schwinn Prologue

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
I want to get a double leg kickstand myself. There is nothing to really lean my bike against at work - we used to all lean them against a wall leading in the kitchen break room, but after a lot of tire scuffs and whatnot the powers that be repainted that area, then we put bikes in the kitchen using a rack...some genius still managed to scuff a freshly painted wall - so now we have to put them in a storage closet. Well, my new bike doesn't fit the (cheap-ish) bike rack very well...if I back it in the fender gets in the way, and if I go front in, I have to be careful the wheel isn't resting on the spokes. So far, I have been the only one there (the other guy who commutes has been out of the the office a lot lately on various trips and meetings) so I haven't had to squeeze it in with his bike yet (though I know it is a tight fit with my rack and panniers and his super wide handlebars based on my old commuter). The single leg kickstand is definitely a bit too wobbly for comfort.

My bike also has a kickstand plate....and it is a dedicated commuter/touring rig. May as well enjoy all the amenities.

Three of my bikes have a kickstand. This one, my Schwinn Suburban (that thing is built in..there is no taking it off), and my Univega mtb - I have debated taking the kickstand off of that one, but it comes in handy if I leave it at my wife's office overnight. I don't think her employers would be as sympathetic to scuff marks as mine have been until recently.

My other 5 bikes (hopefully soon to be 4) do not have one