View Single Post
Old 04-13-15, 10:42 AM
Alcanbrad

Bikes: '14 CoMo Carrera, '11 CoMo Primera co-pilot, '98 Santana Visa, a Plethora of road bikes, A commuter/Gravel beast (and 1 MTB)

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked 45 Times in 38 Posts
Longer skewers for Co Mo carbon fork?

Greetings, I'm Brad, new to this forum, but no stranger to forums or cycling.

We recently upgraded from our old trusty '98 Santana to a '15 Co Motion Carrera which comes with a carbon fork. We rode the stock Rolf wheels for a couple of weeks, then exchanged for Spinnergy 29'rs over concerns that our hefty weight class would not be kind to the Rolfs. (After one ride I really like the Spinnergys - though it could have been that it was the first ride of the year where it was sunny, no wind, and a jacket, tights, and full finger gloves were not required).

Anyway, on both front wheels, the stock skewer is just barely long enough to allow installation and removal of the wheel without the screw cap end of the QR coming off. The drop outs on the Co Mo fork are pretty hefty. When removing the wheel, the screw cap almost always ends up coming all the way off.

I am not surprised that the aftermarket Spinnergy's may have this issue, but I would have expected the stock Rolf wheels would have come with longer skewers from Co Mo. I don't want to file the lawyer tabs down as they are not all that tall.

Anyone else experience this? Anyone know of longer skewers?

Thanks in advance