Old 11-05-05, 06:38 PM
cuda2k
Unique Vintage Steel

Bikes: Kirk Frameworks JKS-C, Serotta Nova, Gazelle AB-Frame, Fuji Team Issue, Surly Straggler

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked 225 Times in 56 Posts
** UPDATE 11/5 **

Decals went on today. All I have to say is WOW. It's starting to look like a completed frame! Mswantak, thank you again for the wonderful set of decals you produced for me. The other two riders who were at the house with me today when I was putting them on are both likely to be calling you up in the near future for some work. The silver script decal on the top tube and the head tube look so perfect on the blue paint. The downtube decals in white stand out very nicely as well. I do have to confess that I managed to get one side of the downtube decals just slightly lower than the other, and both are just slightly low to the center line of the tube. Not so much that it looks wrong, but enough that one could notice if they looked at it long enough. Perhaps I'm just being a perfectionist. I put a coat of clear over the decals and the rest of the frame today, and I'll probably want to put one more coat on before I say it's done. Sorry, no photos of it tonight as I forgot my camera at home, but I do hope to have more photos by next weekend.