View Single Post
Old 04-15-15, 07:56 AM
sijray21

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by collin2985
I'm glad you posted! Unfortunately I had to use my second camera to shoot the next race so I don't have rear footage. I was really impressed when I saw you coming after us, you were flying. Do you know what your speed was at the finish? Had you been able to jump sooner you probably would have taken 1st.
Thanks, I think i actually followed the move that you, your teammate, and the guy who eventually won started (helping me to avoid the crash). There's also a video of the full 3/4 race titled "2015 Carl Dolan Memorial Spring Classic Circuit Race, Men 3/4 (full)" by Kent L. There at 58:12 you can clearly see my move as I'm right in front of him at 200m. I was pretty sheltered from the wind, but that has its disadvantages as I was boxed in and I needed an exit. I waited until a racer to my front left who popped passed back behind me and moved into the open space to my left where it was clear. I had pretty fresh legs and got up to 35mph (according to my data) and I still had more in the tank, but the finish line came up too soon.

Edit: I missed the podium shot, too, since they held it during the 1/2/3 race that I also joined in on. In-fact, 3 of the 5 guys on the cat3 podium were in the 1/2/3 race.

Last edited by sijray21; 04-15-15 at 08:12 AM.